2. Exercise causes you to eat more & gain more weight.
3. Cholesterol levels should be below 200.
4. Eggs raise your cholesterol.
5. Vaccines prevent diseases.
6. Children can’t get into school without vaccines.
7. Eating fat makes you fat.
8. If diabetes runs in your family you’ll get it too.
9. Mammograms have reduced the death rate.
10. Anti-bacterial soaps are better than regular soap.
11. Splenda is natural because it’s made from sugar.
12. If you have high blood pressure or any other health problem you need medication (prescription drugs).
13. If you get cancer you’ll need chemo and tamoxifen.
14. Fever is bad and should be reduced with a fever reducer.
15. All medical procedures like surgeries have been proven safe and effective.
16. Vitamins are a waste of money just eat right.
17. Academic reviewed articles are a good source of unbiased information.
18. Fresh vegetables are better than frozen
19. Popping your knuckles causes arthritis
20. Eating chocolate causes acne
It is amazing how the media through television commercials, magazines and internet ads, radio and even billboards have the power to sometimes misinform the public. This is especially evident with prescription drug commercials where anything that bothers you can be fixed with a pill.
It is important that you learn how to take care of your body and not rely on pills to cover the symptoms and risk side effects from those prescription drugs which can be and are often fatal.