Treating autistic children with agents to remove mercury and/or other heavy metals has brought about significant improvement in many of them. Sometimes dramatic improvement.”
Those causes, connections and theories are: Mercury, Vaccines themselves, Mind/Psyche, Milk and milk products, Cell phone radiation and other forms of electromagnetic radiation.
Here’s what Dr. Mercola recommends you can do to help reduce the amount of exposure you and your family might be getting.
1. Eat more organic foods when possible.
2. Pasteurized milk restriction is an ABSOLUTE imperative to the treatment of autism. Anyone managing this illness without restricting milk is deceiving themselves. This includes all milk products, such as ice cream, yogurt and whey. Even natural flavorings in food must be avoided unless the processor can guarantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that caseinate is not included
3. It is also highly recommended the complete elimination of sugar, juices, sodas, french fries and wheat flour in it’s various forms (pasta, bagels, cereal, pretzels, etc).
4. Get proper sun exposure, as an additional theory that makes a whole lot of sense is thelink between rampant vitamin D deficiency and the proportionate jump in autism.
5. Use an effective intervention to address any emotional stresses as soon as possible – avoid having destructive thoughts and negative emotions. Potent energy psychology tools such as the Emotional Freedom Technique are excellent for this purpose.
6. Secretin has proven effective in relieving certain symptoms of autism. It is a powerful hormone, which has the ability to reduce intestinal permeability (leaky gut). I have even observed one three-year-old who had no speech prior to secretin speak in full paragraphs just days after the infusion.
7. Homeopathy may also help ameliorate symptoms.
Researchers have also looked at how typical medical treatments versus natural treatments ranked.
For example, in the drug category, 41 percent of parents said their autistic child got WORSE on Adderall, 45 percent got worse on Ritalin, and 47 percent got worse on Amphetamines.
Antibiotics, which are another common drug route for children with autism, came in at 57 percent seeing No Effect and only 12 percent getting better from the treatment.
Under biomedical treatments, on the other hand, 41 percent saw improvement from vitamin A. 50 percent got better on cod liver oil, 56 percent improved on digestive enzymes, and yes, 76 percent saw improvement from detox chelation therapy.
For more information on Autism go to www.mercola.com